Lip Balms/Butter is the most essential skin care product that none of us can do without, especially in the cold,dry winter months....either in the form of Vaseline Petroleum jelly that our mothers put on us when we were young, or the various colored/tinted/scented/flavored ones that we like to carry with ourselves nowadays..
For me, lip balms are my most used skin care product , that I'm also
fanatically crazy about...I just hoard on them, and I know couple of other girls who like to do the same too ... ;)
Anyway, coming to my review, I am going to tell you about another such lip balm, which I can't decide whether I like or not.. The Body Shop Sweet Lemon Lip Butter.
What does The Body Shop say about this:
Best if you want to: Enjoy beautifully kissable lips with a rich, intensive moisturizer enriched with luscious lemon seed oil and a creamy butter-like texture that melts onto the lips.
Best for: all skin types
- Lemon seed oil is high in anti-oxidants and Vitamin C and helps moisturize and soften the skin.
- Community Trade Shea butter has antioxidant vitamins A and E to help protect and nourish skin.
- Community Trade organic beeswax conditions lips and acts as a barrier that seals in moisture.
Most of the Lip balms I had were the stick ones because I don't like to dip in my fingers in a tub everytime I wanna use a lip balm for the obvious hygiene reason, but somehow I was fascinated by the Lip Butter label and bought this one. I'll quickly sum up the pros and cons here:
- First and foremost, it comes in a really cute lemony-buttery colored tub and I adore it.
- Has the most delicious smell for a lip balm, a soft lemon+sugar kind of fragrance
- Is really light on lips, gets absorbed easily
- Have no taste as such.
- Not tested on animals
- Has a complete ingredients list on the peel off sticker on the underside of the tub.
- A little heavy on the pocket INR 255 for 10 ml, my Nivea Lip Balms do a better job and are almost half the price and there are many other brands who would give a better product for that price.
- Doesn't stay for long, for me a max of 30 mins...oh wait! maybe a little lesser than that..
I think this lip balm would do a great job during summers, and I'd keep it away while the winters last. I would love to buy more of these like the coconut or mango or the passion fruit flavor, only because of the mild yummy-licious fragrances!!!!!
Do I recommend:
Go for these if you don't have a major chapped lips issue and are okay with mildly nourishing balms. There are some really temptiing flavors to try out!! If you like your lip balms to moisturise the lips for a period longer than 30 mins, then this is not for you..
So girls, how do you like your lip balms to be ????????