Hope the weekend has started on a good note for you all....Well, mine has actually started on a rocky note. My kid and his friends did something to the computer and it refused to start, and I ended up spending my precious Friday evening with the evening with the machine ..
Anyway, this post was due much earlier, but I took my own sweet time to use and abuse the lipstick before I could write a proper review on it . Read on to know my take on this lipstick.....
Why I love it:
- It's a lustre with a frosty sheen, acts like a gloss to prep up my base lip color without acting like one and smudging the base color, and stays on th elipstick for more than the amount of time that a regular gloss will stay.
- Can be worn on its own for a quick lip fix when in hurry
- I've heard that Lustres are drying, but I haven't faced any issues so far, guess,I'm a bit lucky here!!
- I like how lightweight the lipstick feels....
- I love how universally flattering the shade is.
- Its a cute lipstick, and I like that packaging!!
And a few reasons why I'll deduct some points:
- Its expensive, well ya, give me my 100 bucks back and the same lipstick in standard packaging, I'll be okay with it!
- I wish it was bit more opaque...For very pigmented lips, filling out with a nude lip liner should help.
- The shade of the lipstick on your lips will depend on your natural lip color.
- On its own, this stays for only 2+hours but layered above a nude/neutral lip liner, I have got a wear time of over 4 hrs.
- If you find Lustres a bit drying on you, you may not want to give this a chance.
And here's the swatch :
And my FOTD with the lipstick:
I think I'll say no. You may be able to find similar shades in the permanent line. Unless, you're too keen on the packaging, you can surely skip it.
Would I recommend?
I want to say a BIG yes here. This is my first Lustre and I'm wondering why I ignored Lustres for so long now. Also, it's currently my most used lipstick. I wore this every single day last week. If you like sheer lip colors and the glossy finish, go for this one, i.e. if it is still available in stock.
Hope you had a good read through my review.
Have a fabulous Sunday everyone!!
P.S.: I initially wanted to buy Ronnie Red and Daddy's Little Girl, however, once I swatched them at the store, I did not find them to be unique for my collection. Swatched this, and fell in love.....and the Love Story continues...........................