The festival season is almost here and I'm so excited to share with you all a very simple eye makeup tutorial, especially for beginners in makeup. Whether it is Navratri, or Dandiya Raas or Durga Puja pandal hopping, girls just love to dress up and play up a bit with cosmetics.
Some newbies struggle at this time with eye makeup application, and today's tutorial demonstrates how to do a rich festive eye makeup in 6 simple steps. The end result is NOT-AT-ALL subtle and goes well with all Indian/ethnic wear.
Also, because I did this tutorial especially for beginners, I have used minimal products/eyeshadows.
For this look you only need a
- Kohl/kajal liner (Lakme Absolute Kohl Ultimate Kajal)
- A Gold eyeshadow (SEPHORA Jumbo Crayon Liner GOLD)
- A matte brown eyeshadow (MAC Folie)
- A Matte Black Eyeshadow (INGLOT AMC 63)
- A Black Mascara (Diana Of London MOVIE MAGIC Mascara)
Now coming on to the Steps:
- Apply kohl on the waterline and along the upper lashline. Make it thick on the upper lash line and do not worry if it isn't neat. We are going to smudge it in the next step.
- Smudge the kohl on the upper lashline and using the same smudger brush and the extra kohl on it, darken the outer corner of the lid.
- On the remaining inner 2/3rd of the lid area, apply a Gold eyeshadow until the crease. Don't blend it now, just pat on the color. Alternatively, u can use either a shimmery copper, or sparkly silver, whatever goes with the rest of your makeup.
- Using a matte brown eyeshadow, blend the color at the crease to add more depth and definition to the eye area.
- Using a Matte black eyeshadow on a smal slanted liner brush, smoke out the kohl on your waterline.
- Curl lashes and apply your favorite mascara and you're done...
Ta-da!! How easy was that...
If you like this tutorial and find it useful, do let me know in the comments below :)