Well so, Maybelline has created a range with the launch of these new HyperGlossy Liquid eyeliners and the Color Show Lipsticks and being a beauty addict it was hard for me to stay away from the buzz so I decided to take the plunge and try out two out of the five gorgeous eyeliners launched by Maybelline. In this post I am going to review the blue one which is called "Electro Shock"
HYPER GLOSSY ELECTRICS EYELINER
Get electrifying eyes with MNY Hyper Glossy Electrics Liquid Eyeliners
- Straight from the runways, the Maybelline Hyper Glossy Electrics shiny liquid liner adds mesmerizing colour to your lids. Infused with the Hyper reflective polymer technology and liquid metal combination, this dazzling liquid eyeliner imparts a striking electric sheen that lasts for hours! Available in five eye-catching, trend-setting shades like Violet Volt, Lazer Green, Gold-lation, Electro-shock and Silver Trance, this shiny electric liquid liner lets you create interesting looks for your eyes everyday!
- Here’s why you’ll love it:
- Delivers dazzling, electric hues that make your eyes pop
- Comes in five super-glamorous shades
- Is easy to apply and delivers color in a single stroke
- Intense, electric shine lasts for hours
The Hyper Glossy Liquid Liners come in small conical pots with screw on caps and a fine brush applicator. The packaging with color coded bottoms is simple and compact. I would have actually preferred a felt tip instead of the brush since the brush tends to bend at time and may create a hindrance when you intend to draw smooth lines.
The shade "ELECTRO SHOCK" is a metallic midnight blue shade and despite being a very common eye liner color, is simply striking on the eyes, especially when you're under yellow or dim lights.
Th eye liner is intensely pigmented, and of medium consistency, so application is not tough (ignoring the brush applicator part!!). You don't need to layer the product or run over it again and again. Being a budget liner, that was one thing I was very afraid of, but Maybelline has nailed it at the right spot with the color intensity.
On the flip side, if you layer the color too much, there's a very weird stretchy feeling along the lash line which keeps reminding me that there's something on my eyes. I was afraid that the liner would start peeling off because of that weird stretchy feel, however, thankfully nothing of the sort happened!!
The eyeliner stayed intact for 6+ hours.
Overall, The Maybelline Hyper Glossy Electrics eye liner in Electro Shock is a great budget eyeliner that is gives intense color in one stroke and stays on and on. I would have actually preferred a felt tip brush instead of the fine brush applicator which does not give very neat application. Also, extra layering leads to a weird stretchy feeling on the lids which is not a very comfortable feeling.Highly recommended for girls who want to try colored metallic eyeliners without breaking the bank!!